Sculptor (male), medallist, artisan (male) and college professor (male)
From 1891, the sculptor Friedrich Christoph Hausmann directed the modelling class at Frankfurt's School of Applied Arts, and from 1892 to 1905 taught the sculpture class at the Städel. He designed various monuments, fountains and tombs in Frankfurt. Among them are the 'Fairy Tale' or 'Schauspielhaus Fountain' (1910) on Willy-Brandt-Platz and the 'Philipp Reis Monument' (1919) next to the Eschenheimer Anlage. Many of his works were either destroyed in the war, for example the eastern gable group (1890) on the Central Post Office, or broken up afterwards such as the relief 'Truth' (1902) in the Schauspielhaus in 1960. His papers in the Stadtarchiv Frankfurt consist mainly of photos of his works.