1927-1929 studies at the Städel School under Peter Rasmussen. 1929-1932 master atelier under Max Beckmann. 1928 one-man show at the Galerie Westheim, Berlin. 1942 moves to Grossluttom, Birnbaum District (now Poland). 1945 flees by way of Mietzelfelde, Stargard and Stralsund to Hamburg. 1946-1956 moves to Nierstein am Rhein. 1956 returns to Frankfurt am Main. Member of the 'New Group Rhineland-Palatinate'. Contributes to the 'Colour Graphics' portfolios of the Kestner-Gesellschaft, Hannover. Trips to Paris with the sculptor Hans Bernt Gebhardt (1915-1995).